Monday, October 25, 2010

That's Right, I'm Not From Texas...

I'm a city kid, born and raised; a midwesterner, a Chicagoan, a Yankee. I will always be these things. And yet there are many things about Texas that I have grown to love, none more than its music. This has been a week of Texas music. This is the mix I've made and been wearing out:

  1. Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town (Kenny Rogers)
  2. My Heart Skips A Beat (Buck Owens)
  3. Are you Sure Hank Done It This Way? (Waylon Jennings)
  4. That'll Be The Day (Buddy Holly)
  5. Ooby Dooby (Roy Orbison)
  6. La Grange (ZZ Top)
  7. You're Gonna Miss Me (13th Floor Elevators)
  8. The Way We Get By (Spoon)
  9. In Such Crooked Times (Centro-matic)
  10. Red (Okkervil River)
  11. Flyin' Shoes (Townes Van Zandt)
  12. Walkin' (Willie Nelson)
  13. Moses (Patty Griffin)
  14. North Dakota (Lyle Lovett)
  15. Lonely Feeling (Robert Earl Keen)
  16. Tom Ames' Prayer (Steve Earle)
  17. Mendocino (Sir Douglas Quintet)
  18. Mercedes Benz (Janis Joplin)
  19. Bald Headed Woman (Lightnin' Hopkins)
  20. Faded Love (Bob Wills)
  21. Walking The Floor Over You (Ernest Tubb)
Who are your Texas favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment